Sunday, August 14, 2011

Reading Again

I'm reading again. I go through phases. Sometimes all I want to do is read. And other times I go weeks without picking up a book.

Last week I read all three books in The Hunger Games series. Loved them. Very captivating story (Thank you, Jessica, for loaning me the books!).

Yesterday I read The Catcher in the Rye. It was clearly an engaging story, as I couldn't put it down once I started. But at the end of it all I was, naturally, a little depressed. Certainly glad I read it, though.

What are your must-reads? I've started a list. I love a good book recommendation. And if you recommend something to me and it stinks, I promise not to judge.

4 comments:

M. Brooks said...

The Glass Castle by Jeanette Wells is incredible. Also, American Wife (Curtis Sittenfield) and The Help.

Erin Crisp said...

Since you seem to be in a fictiony mood, 2 come to mind... although come to think of it neither are feel good stories, but both were deeply impactful.
Family by J California Cooper is a slave narrative that is haunting, and Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt.
Also, I've never read a boring Jodi Picoult novel, and if you're interested in some good Christian fiction, I love the Thorn in my Heart, Fair is the Rose series from Liz Curtis Higgs. It is feel good reading for sure.

Jessica said...

A friend asked me the other day how much I spend a month at Amazon. I looked it up....and my mouth dropped open. I am in a phase where I can't seem to read enough. I have always been a reader but lately I'm on overload. And I kind of love it. (and I obviously need to take more advantage of the library)

The White Family said...

One of the most amazing books I have ever read is Crazy. It is non-fiction but reads like fiction. You really should check it out.

Angela