Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Who Helped Jesus Carry His Cross?

Moments after the candy argument today, Eisley asked this question: "Mom, who helped Jesus carry his cross?"

I told her it was Simon from Cyrene. She said, "Hmm. I don't fink that was his name." I assured her that yes, it was (though, of course she had me doubting myself, so I had to go look it up to make sure).

I asked her why she was asking. She said, "I was just wondering. I fink his cross was real heavy, so it was good someone helped him."

Then she said, "You 'member when he died on the cross? Those sholdiers took his robe and that was real sad. But then he comed back to life, and his mom and everybody was SO happy!"

I like that Eisley is still pondering the events and mysteries of Easter.  Sometimes even I forget to do that. I'm glad she helped me do that today.

1 comment:

Paul and Sara said...

so awesome :) i love that she thinks about God on such a deep level already...makes my heart so happy <3