Wednesday, May 4, 2011

80s Romance

I was born in 1980. Depending on who you are, that either makes me seem really old, or makes me seem like I'm just a baby. I know that I am more a "child of the 90s" than a child of the 80s, in the sense that  I was far too young to remember much of what happened in the 80s-- or to be in to the music or fashion of the 80s. But nonetheless, I have an affinity for the 80s, especially when it comes to the music. Thus, the purpose of this post.  I give to you some of the best "romantic" songs of the 1980s. This list is given in no particular order.  What would you add?

1. Lost in Love - Air Supply
2. Open Arms - Journey
3. Can't Fight This Feeling - REO Speedwagon
4. Never Tear Us Apart - INXS
5. Eternal Flame - The Bangles
6. Suddenly - Billy Ocean
7. Every Time You Go Away - Paul Young
8. Waiting for a Girl Like You - Foreigner

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the best love songs of
the eighties - although it barely made it in (1989) - Richard Marx -
RIGHT HERE WAITING FOR YOU. No question.

D

Erin Crisp said...

I Think We're Alone Now- Tiffany
Faith- George Michael

Kelly Lawson said...

Excellent additions, Erin!!

The White Family said...

We Belong by Pat Benatar
All Through the Night by Cyndi Lauper
Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper
I Guess That's Why They Call it the Blues by Elton John
Eternal Flame by the Bangles
It Must Have Been Love by Roxette (Classic!)

The White Family said...

With or Without You by U2

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

Great choices, Whites!

Paul and Sara said...

my very favorite is "Love and Affection" by Nelson (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1W6-ErrHls)
such a good song and the video rocks, haha! :)