Thursday, January 13, 2011

Seven

On Monday of last week, Billy and I celebrated 7 years of marriage. 7 years. I honestly can't believe it's been that long. We've had our share of ups and downs over the years. But all in all, it's been a great ride. Here is a list of my top highlight from each year of our marriage:

1. (2004) Our wedding day, of course! It was an absolutely wonderful day. One of the most fun days of my life. I loved everything about it, and am deeply grateful for all the people who made it possible.

2. (2005) Our January trip to Washington, DC. We had a blast!

3. (2006) Moving to Kentucky. We spent our first night in Kentucky on our 2nd wedding anniversary. It was a frightening and fun adventure to be there on our own, knowing no one, and having no one but each other (at first). We grew a lot, and I knew during those first days in Kentucky, that the Kentucky years would be transformational for us (Little did we know just how transformational they would be!).

4. (2007) Our summer trip to California. So. Much. Fun.

5. (2008) The birth of our daughter in August of that year! An absolutely thrilling (and exhausting) adventure.

6. (2009) Our trip to Chicago in the summer of 2009. We had a blast visiting my aunt and uncle, and we had a chance to visit our friends Josh and Candace, too. Our time with Josh & Candace launched a very important series of conversations and a period of discernment for Billy and I regarding our "next steps" once I graduated from seminary the following spring.

7. (2010) Starting our new life in Texas, as a part of the Hope Fellowship community in Waco. We really are very happy here in Waco, even though the initial transition was very difficult for us. We love our new church family and are already feeling quite at home here.

Thanks, Billy, for seven great years. I look forward to many more years together.

2 comments:

The White Family said...

Awww. So sweet. Wes and I will be on #6 this July! Amazing how time flies, eh?

Becca Barnes said...

Great idea to stop and reflect on your marriage! We love you guys!