Thursday, January 13, 2011

Life

Life is incredibly busy yet incredibly rich for us right now. The rundown:

I have a job now... and I love it. I think it is going to be a very good fit for our family. I am excited about the job. I believe in the work of our organization. Also, I am delighted to have found part-time work. When we first moved here, I planned to seek full-time employment, but when we started thinking about what would be the best fit for our family, part-time work seemed ideal. I get to work-- which I very much enjoy. And I get to be at home some with Eisley-- which I very much enjoy.  What's the job? I'm the Education Coordinator at World Hunger Relief, Inc. WHRI is both a working and teaching farm--  I'll obviously be involved with all-things-education at the farm, but mostly I'll be doing various things for/with the internship program at WHRI.

While I work, Eisley will spend one day each week with friends, and two days every week in a Parents Day Out program at a church near our house. I am very excited about her being in the Parents Day Out program. When we were in Kentucky, Eisley went to "school" at the daycare at the church where I worked. And she did very well in that environment. She is very social, loves learning, and pretty much constantly requires active engagement. I look forward to her being in "school" again. It's something she very much enjoys, and it is an environment in which she thrives. I went today to see her classroom and meet her teacher, and I think it will be a good fit. I was impressed by what I saw-- it isn't just a babysitting service. They work to provide a rich learning experience for the kids. She starts Tuesday!

Earlier this month, I got to teach at church one Sunday morning. It was a good experience, and I was grateful for the opportunity. I have preached a few times before, but this was my first time to teach here in our new church community. We don't do a traditional sermon on Sunday mornings, but instead do more of an interactive teaching time-- more like Sunday School, I guess, following our worship time. It was also my first time teaching with a translator (ours is a bilingual community - Spanish & English), so that was kind of fun and different to get used to. I taught on Anna & Simeon, and was glad to spend some time in their story.

I guess that's enough for now. I haven't really said much, but it does give you a bit of a glimpse of our day-to-day lives. I feel like I have much more to say, but that will have to come another day.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

So glad Eisley gets to go back to school! Yay!