Saturday, October 23, 2010

Perfect 10

Okay, so perfect is an extreme overstatement. But I did run 10 miles today and it felt pretty good!

There have been several times in the past few years I've said I'm going to commit to working out or running or some other physical activity. But unfortunately, I have a pattern of quitting when it gets tough. Not this time, though. This past summer I committed to training for this half marathon, and I've actually stuck with it. In the beginning, I know I stuck with it because I knew that my good friend Shannon, and several of my cousins were running that same race-- they would ask me how my running was going, and they held me accountable. But then I started to really enjoy myself, once I could finally run and not struggle to breathe!

So as cheesy as I know it is, I was grinning from ear to ear as I took the last steps of my run this morning, and was greeted by the members of my running club that had finished before me. I was really excited, and felt like I accomplished something really big today.

I'm still not as fast as I want to be. But even if I don't get faster, I'm really having a great time.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

So glad that you had such a great run this morning!!! San Antonio here you come!!

jeremiah said...

YOU'RE A RUNNER.

and this is awesome.

great job on your big run. all kinds of proud of you.

love and miss you guys.