Sunday, September 26, 2010

The newest members of our family



Meet Eisley's fish. Last night we were at a birthday party for a friend, and their son (who is about 9 years old) has a great fish tank full of fish. Apparently, one of his fish recently had babies, and his tank is a little full. So he said to me, "So, I am thinking that if Eisley wants a fish, she could probably have one. I have a little tank and everything."

So I let the idea sit with me for a while, and Billy and I talked about it, and we decided that would be just fine.  We asked Eisley if she wanted a fish, and she was beyond excited. She jumped up and down, yelling, "I'm getting a fish! I'm getting a fish!!"

So she picked one out, and it went into her tank. She said, "Aww, where's her mommy and daddy? She's so sad."

And that's why we have three fish instead of one.

This morning, she told us that their names were (are you ready?): Dora, Boots, and Diego.

So at some point today or tomorrow, we need to beautify their tank with some rocks and plants.

No comments: