Monday, August 30, 2010

Legal Residents

Tomorrow we have a long day ahead of us. Tomorrow we tackle state vehicle inspections, vehicle registrations, and Texas Drivers Licenses. It's much more complicated to get all of this stuff here in Texas than I remember it being when we switched all of it over in Kentucky 4 and a a half years ago.

I anticipate many long lines, lots of forms, and a splitting headache by the end of the day. And at the end of it all, we'll officially be Texans again.

I remember the day we got Kentucky drivers licenses. I cried, saying, "But I'm a Texan!" (You know those Texans and their state pride!) I probably won't cry when I surrender my Kentucky license tomorrow. But I'll be a little sentimental for sure.

Here's hoping for kind workers at all the places we will go tomorrow, short lines, correctly filled out forms, and a decent drivers license photo.

2 comments:

Danielle Knapp said...

Hey Kelly,
Adam & I just went through all that, luckily Fredericksburg is small town (like Nville) so the lines weren't terrible. It was just a matter of making sure we had all th right paper work in the right order. I was so excited to be Texan again.

R.S. said...

hope ya'll survived! Being a native new mexican, I still can't figure out why texas is so picky about all their stuff - very hard to get a DL sometimes!