Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sometimes You Just Have to Sing.

This afternoon Eisley and I were on our way home from work/school. It was a great day for a drive through the gorgeous Kentucky landscape. The sun was shining, the sky was an amazing shade of blue, and the iPod was on shuffle. It's as if the iPod knew how gorgeous today was, and chose songs PERFECT for a day like today. And with music that good, under such conditions, you just can't help but belt it out and sing along. I mean, I was really singing today as we made our way home.

When of course I looked to the backseat to discover that Eisley had her hands over her ears, and she began saying (crying!!), "Noooo, Mommy! No singing!"

Ah. A dagger to the heart. I know I don't sing well. But I didn't know I was bad enough that my not-even-two-years-old daughter couldn't take it. :) Yikes! I wonder if they make Eisley-sized ear plugs?

No comments: