Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I knew it.

See my previous post, to shed a little more light on this conversation.

This morning I was getting Eisley dressed for the day. I said to her, "Are you my baby?"

She said, "Noooooooooo, Mommy!"

I said, "Are you my big girl?"

She said, "Yep!"

This was after a funny moment at the breakfast table. On Monday nights our friend Joe comes to stay with us. He is a student at the seminary that commutes from his home 1 1/2 hours away. He drives up for Monday night class, stays at our house, and then leaves Tuesday mornings for an 8 a.m. class. It was easier for him to find a place to stay in Wilmore on Monday nights than doing all of that back and forth driving. Billy, Eisley, and I all look forward to Joe's weekly visits.

This morning Joe walked out of his room and into the kitchen, where Eisley was sitting at the table. She said, "Hi Joe! I a big girl!"

This is apparently her new declaration to the world.

No comments: