Sunday, April 4, 2010

See What a Morning

To me, you absolutely cannot find hymns better than the ones we sing on Resurrection Day. I woke up this morning singing "Up From the Grave He Arose".  By the time I got to church, I was singing Charles Wesley's "Christ the Lord is Risen Today".  That one brings me to tears every time I sing it.  Wesley tells the Resurrection story in such a beautiful and powerful way... and I'm overwhelmed.

But this year, I've added into the rotation a new Resurrection anthem. It's not an old hymn. It's relatively new. It's "Resurrection Hymn (See What a Morning)" and I close out this Easter Day by sharing its lyrics (Oh, and by the way, do you see how wonderfully this song speaks of the work of all three persons of the Godhead, and their roles in the work of salvation? It is definitely a new favorite! Thankful for a loving God and a RISEN Savior today!!)

See, what a morning, gloriously bright
with the dawning of hope in Jerusalem
Folded the grave clothes, tomb filled with light
As the angels announce Christ is risen!
See God's salvation plan, wrought in love,
Borne in pain, paid in sacrifice,
Fulfilled in Christ, the Man,
For He lives: Christ is risen from the dead!

See Mary weeping, "Where is he Laid"?
As in sorrow she turns from the empty tomb;
Hears a voice speaking, calling her name;
It's the Master, the Lord raised to life again!
The voice that spans the years,
Speaking life, stirring hope, bringing peace to us,
Will sound till he appears,
For He lives, Christ is risen from the dead!

One with the Father, Ancient of Days,
Through the Spirit who clothes faith with certainty
Honour and blessing, glory and praise
To the King crowned with power and authority!
And we are raised with Him,
Death is dead, love has won, Christ has conquered;
And we shall reign with Him
For He lives, Christ is risen from the dead!

2 comments:

Moderndaymystic said...

Hey Kelly,
Thanks for posting this. I was introduced to this song last year and it is definately one of my new favorite Easter songs.
- Danielle

Josh and Candace McCallister said...

Beautiful - this is a new one for me. Thanks for sharing.