Monday, April 5, 2010

2 Words/Phrases I'm beginning to hate...

"Mine!" 

and

"I can't"

These seem to be the most commonly used words in Eisley's vocabulary lately. Everything is "mine!". And if we ask her to do something she doesn't want to do, her immediate response is "I can't".

We are trying to do whatever we can to minimize the frequency of these particular words, but some days it's as though this is all we hear.

Any time another person or even Riley the dog gets near one of Eisley's toys, Eisley runs over and says (cries?), "No! It mine. No touch! Mine!"

Tonight we asked Eisley if she was ready to put on her pajamas. She said (whined?), "No. I can't."

I know sharing is a difficult concept. And it's hard to do things you don't want to do. Especially when you're 20 months old.  But I'm hoping the days of sharing and cooperation aren't incredibly too far off.  Apparently, I'm delusional.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I think it's hilarious that she says "I can't"! Too funny.

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

It cracked us up the first few times she said it! It was SOOOOO funny! But now, it's starting to get very very old! :)