Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Twenty One

On Sunday my sister turned 21 years old. I won't write a sappy post, expressing the love I have for her. I did that last year. Instead, I'll share with you some stories from Katherine's infant days, that I was reminded of this past weekend when I was in Texas celebrating with her. Remember-- I am 9+ years older than Katherine, so I was 9-10 years old when I said these things:

**
One day, I was visiting our grandparents' house. My grandmother was talking to me and said, "Kelly, does your mom ever crimp your hair anymore?" I responded in my most dramatic and sad voice with, "No. She doesn't have time to anymore. All my mom ever does is walk around holding that baby, saying, 'There, there'."

**

A couple of months later, my sister and I were BOTH visiting our grandparents' house. I was leaving the downstairs part of the house to go to the upstairs loft. My grandmother asked me, "Kelly, where are you going?" I said very dramatically, "I guess I'll just go upstairs since no one down here loves me anymore."

**

Katherine, I'm glad you were born. My life is much fuller because of you. Even though the 9 year old version of myself would have said the opposite were true.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so glad i got to share my birthday with you! you are a GREAT sister! love you.
kat