Sunday, January 31, 2010

Oops.

In all my excitement of posting my Kroger stories, I completely neglected something I meant to do earlier this week... to give my mom a birthday blog shout-out!

My mom, Jimmie Ann Floyd, celebrated her birthday on January 28th. I won't tell you how old she is- but in my mind, she's one of the most youthful ladies around.

There are lots of things I could say about my mom, but I'll keep it simple: As her daughter, there's no doubt in my mind that what every daughter needs to know from their mom is true, is true for me: I know my mom loves me. I know she treasures me. I know she's proud of me.

My mom has 3 kids-- one is 32 (my brother), one is 30 (me), and one is 20 (my sister). Throughout the years, she's never lost steam-- she's high-energy and keeps up with all of us, all while being a fantastic grandmother to her 3 grandkids. To her grandkids, she's known as "Mimi". And her grandkids adore her. Mimi's house is a fun place to be.

Happy belated birthday, Mom. I love you!


The Early Years-- My mom, brother, and me in 1981.


Mimi & Eisley-- Christmas 2009


Christmas 2009

No comments: