Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Recommendation


You should see this movie. It has been on my "to watch" list for a couple of months now, and Billy and I finally had a chance to see it this past weekend. For those of you who know that Billy and I are now eating less meat in our diet than we used to, and are rolling your eyes right now that I would suggest this movie to you-- stop rolling them. It's not a movie that tries to convince you to become vegetarian. This movie is not anti-meat in any way, shape, or form.

It is a movie about the importance of knowing where your food comes from-- on being educated on the major food companies and their business practices, how they treat their animals and employees, and about how we, as the consumer, really do have a lot of power in dictating what products our grocery stores carry. The movie is about being informed.

I know for me personally, I think about what we eat in ways I never had before, now that we have Eisley. But whether or not you are a parent shouldn't matter-- we should all be more aware of what we're consuming and the effects this has on our health.

So put this in your Netflix queue, go to Blockbuster, or see if your local library carries it. See this film and start thinking a bit more about what you're eating!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm holding on to "ignorance is bliss".

Janey Mc

Nathan and Stephany said...

Cool, I'll add it to our queue. I've been glad to be seeing some pretty decent documentaries during the past few years. It does become frustrating when there are so many important issues about which to become informed, but food is definitely a big one.

Thanks for the recommendation! -Nathan

Nathan and Stephany said...

Follow up - we watched the video and really enjoyed it. We thought the documentary was done really well, and it prompted some good discussion for us. We look forward to seeing how we can learn more and maybe buy more locally when possible. Definitely worth the watch! -Nathan

Kelly Lawson said...

Oh I am so glad to hear it, Nathan!!