Thursday, December 3, 2009

A first in 16 months

Today I overslept. I overslept because Eisley overslept. I don't need to go into the history of Eisley's sleeping patterns. I've posted several times about it. In short, she's a great sleeper, but an early riser.

But today, we overslept. Because Eisley is the way she is, I've given up altogether on setting an alarm clock. I haven't set one in months. So today I woke up at 7:30 (and this was still before Eisley woke up). I woke up at 7:30 and have to be in class at 8. Before that, I have to shower, get dressed, get Eisley ready for the day, with snacks packed for the sitter, etc.

I've never gotten ready so fast in my life. I got ready in such a hurry that I got to the babysitter's house and hadn't managed to grab Eisley's milk or food bag, which included her breakfast.

I am thankful for Eisley's sitter/our friend, who always has yummy and healthy things around her house to eat and said she would very happily make sure my child gets fed today.

Whew. I think that this pattern of Eisley sleeping a little later than she used to is actually going to stick. I need to wipe the dust off the alarm clock, so my hands won't get dusty when I hit the snooze button...

1 comment:

Nathan and Stephany said...

Well, that's pretty exciting. Your little girl is growing up and learning to sleep in! -Nathan