Monday, November 2, 2009

Warning you: Boring Update!

2 things...

- A few days ago I wrote about possibly having Rheumatoid Arthritis. Interestingly enough, the bloodwork came back negative for RA. That is good news. However, as I type this post, the joints in my hands ache, and my feet do, too. Not sure what is causing that, but I have a follow-up appointment with the doctor in a couple of weeks, so we'll see what other possibilities there are.

- Eisley's procedure to get the ear tubes on Thursday went well. No problems at all, and she's doing just fine. The only thing is that twice a day, for a week, she has to have these special ear drops. That in and of itself is just fine-- except, she has to lie still for 4-5 full minutes after the drops go in, for EACH ear. If you've met my daughter, you know why that is a particular challenge. She is far too busy to be still for any length of time. We're managing okay, but there are occasional fits of anger about it. But now she's getting the hang of it, and will lie down in one of our laps, while the other sits in front of her and reads a book to her (it has to be a REALLY interesting book!) to pass the time.

I'll leave you with a picture of Eisley-frog from Halloween (though if you've been on facebook, you've surely seen Eisley-frog by now):

3 comments:

Sara said...

Kelly, Paul will be home for GOOD!!! :D he won't go back before his contract is up, and we're pretty decided on him NOT re-enlisting :) btw, Eisley looks ADORABLE in her froggie costume...i'm a frog fanatic, so you know my whole nursery will be frogs and stuff, haha

we'll be up in December for my graduation - i'd love to get together so you can meet Paul and i can finally meet Eisley!

Kandice said...

Can she please be a snake next Halloween? Just for my own personal fun? Maybe a cute one- like a garden snake or the snake from Aladdin or something? :)

Kelly Lawson said...

Kandice, that would be hilarious. I will not make any promises to actually do it. But I will promise to strongly consider it.