Monday, May 11, 2009

Today

Today did not get off to a great start. Here's a recap of the crazy morning at the Lawson household:

6:45 a.m. I wake up and shower because there was a potential for me to have to take Eisley to the doctor this morning. They start taking calls at 7:30 so I wanted to be up and ready to go if I needed to take her in. Eisley wakes up at 7, so I had 15 minutes to get showered, dressed, and make up on.

7:00 a.m.
Success. I'm dressed, ready for the day, got Eisley out of bed, fed her breakfast and waited until 7:30 to place my call to the doctor's office.

7:30 a.m. I called the doctor's office, made an appointment just in case, and left a request for a nurse to call me. If the nurse called me and we determined I didn't need to bring Eisley in, then I could cancel the appointment I had just made. If the nurse said I needed to bring her in, then I would have to try to find another appointment, which at that point, all the other parents of sick babies would have called and snatched up all the good appointments for the day.

8:15 a.m. Nurse called. I gave her a rundown of all of Eisley's symptoms she'd had over the weekend. Nurse determined that Eisley had just had a virus, she's over it at this point, and she's good to go to school today. Whew. That's what I was hoping for. I needed to go to work today. Had staff meeting at 10:30.

8:30 a.m. Eisley got tired. I put her back to bed for a quick nap.

9:15 a.m.
Eisley woke up and I got her dressed for the day.

9:30 a.m.
I tried to leave for work. Only to discover that my keys were locked in my car.

9:32 a.m.
I called Billy to see if he could come let me in my car (he has a spare key). He reminds me that he had gone into work this morning with his carpool buddy and that his car was at home so he had no way of getting to me.

Great. The car seat was also locked in my car, that I had no way of getting in to.

9:35 a.m. Called my co-worker to see if he had left for work yet. He was already at work. Which is a 25 minute drive from where we live. He suggested that I call his wife Brandie to see if she could give me a ride, and that they probably have an extra car seat I could borrow.

9:36 a.m. I remembered that I had an extra (albeit, broken) key to Billy's car that was at home. So I called Brandie to see if I could borrow a car seat. She said she would find one and bring it over.

9:45 a.m.
Brandie came over and installed the car seat for me. We left for work. Eisley cried nearly the whole drive.

10:20 a.m. Got to work. Opened the backseat of the car to discover that Eisley had spit-up EVERYWHERE-- all over herself and all over the borrowed car seat. No wonder she was crying. She was sitting in mango & oatmeal spit-up.

10:25 a.m.
Dropped a spit-up covered Eisley off at her school (which is at the church where I work), realized there's spit-up all over my shirt from where I'd been holding Eisley, and I smell because of it. Yuck.

10:30 a.m. Staff meeting started, and I'm exhausted.

The rest of the day is kind of looking up despite it's chaotic beginning. Too bad I can't squeeze in a nap. I've got so much homework to do today it's scary.

I better get back to it.

5 comments:

Cary Efurd said...

Can't help but laugh. I know you weren't at the time. Sounds like a busy morning. Yet you found time to blog it...

Angela said...

sweet Kelly...this is bad. I have to say I'm somewhat happy to read this though - it's nice to know there are others who go through bad days too. ;) Nothing like wearing your kid's spit-up all day. I hope you get a ton done today! (And next time - feel free to call for help!)

Kelly Lawson said...

The best part of the day is that at around 4:00, Eisley's teacher called me to say Eisley had pooped a lot that day, suspected the beginnings of diarrhea, and that over the course of the day, she'd developed so bad a diaper rash b/c of all the poop (she did NOT have the diaper rash this morning) that every time she peed she screamed and cried and carried on. Awesome. Poor baby. Poor baby's parents. :) We've had a fun day all around.

Yet-- I DID manage to get some MAJOR homework done today in between all of that! :)

Jessica said...

Oh the life of a mom...

Neener said...

DANG. See, I knew your Monday left mine in the dust! Happy day after Mother's Day to you, haha!