Sorry for the lack of blogging lately. I get stuck in the routine of my life, and get to thinking that routine would not be very interesting to others. But here's what we've been up to:
- Eisley is 8 months old now. Still a crawling machine, and chasing the dog around the house is practically an all-day everyday occurrence. It's pretty entertaining. She's pulling up on absolutely everything-- anything and everything is, to Eisley, something to hold on to while she stands-- the toybox, the laundry basket, the couches & coffee table, the dog, the bookshelves, etc. And this week, she's cutting her bottom two teeth finally. Not sure how long it takes them to grow all the way in, but I can see them just barely coming up through the surface of her gums. She's quite a cranky teether, and I guess that's okay. I can't imagine that cutting teeth would feel good.
- This week I've been on Reading Week-- commonly known to many as Spring Break. But around here they just call it what it is-- Reading Week. I've not gotten nearly as much reading/school work done as I had hoped. Now that Eisley is mobile, I can no longer plop her down with her toys and get work done. I'm instead chasing her around the house. I'm slightly frustrated about the lack of work I've gotten done this week, but not so overwhelmed by it that I still can't get it done before class resumes on Monday. Tomorrow, Saturday, I will be spending all day at the library while the dad stays home with the baby.
- Billy's parents are coming in a week! They're coming from Texas, to spend Easter with us. And not only are his parents coming, but Uncle Bryan (Billy's awesome brother) is coming, too! I imagine a Chickenfoot game or two will be played while they're here. That is, if they're up for a rematch against the champion of our LAST Chickenfoot game together-- me.
- I have a new blog. It's okay-- you can roll your eyes. And you don't even have to add it to your google reader-- but you can if you want. It can be found at http://kellyelawson.tumblr.com. It's a companion to this, my main blog-- and mostly it's a couple of Eisley videos and some quick photos and quotes that don't really "fit" on this blog. Do any of you twitter? I do. And I got so tired of mix-ups on Twitpic (a photo hosting site for Twitter), that this tumblr site just seemed easier. Plus, it's really quick and easy to upload videos on that site, so there you go. Not sure if I'll keep it going or not... I'm still trying to figure out if I really need both sites...
- I am afraid Eisley may soon be dropping her morning nap. Eek! What will I do? I count on that time! She has been taking a 2 hour nap in the morning and a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. And sleeping 11-12 hours at night. During those nap times-- well, that's when I get homework, blogging, laundry, cleaning, etc. done. The past couple of weeks, her morning nap has been pretty inconsistent, and now I'm lucky to get 45 minutes out of her. I will keep trying to get her to nap then as long as I can (and she really does need what little sleep she DOES get in the morning), knowing that it might not last for much longer. Luckily, the afternoon nap is still solid!
- I have been pretty disappointed in The Office lately. There. I said it. Not a lot of laugh out loud moments anymore. Don't judge me. I'm a HUGE Office fan. I LOVE The Office, and I still, as often as possible, try to watch at least one episode every day (Laughter is good for me). But this season has disappointed me a bit. But I will stay committed and will continue to tune in. And how excited am I about the new show, Parks & Recreation? Super excited!
- Easter is my favorite day of the year. And I am excited that it is just a week away!
- Many (most?) of you probably saw the video I posted on YouTube and on Facebook entitled "Eisley vs. the Avocado"-- in it, Eisley offers a VERY dramatic reaction to her first taste of avocado. She HATED it. We've tried avocado since then. It still makes her gag. What's the deal with that? I LOVE avocado... and it's not like it even has a very strong taste. I've mushed it to the smoothest consistency I can...and today I even mixed it with yogurt (she likes yogurt), because 'they' say that avocado and yogurt are very good together and that babies generally like that. Nope. She still gagged. So who knows. We'll keep trying. 'They' also say to introduce foods to your baby 10-15 times before ruling a food out as a true "dislike"-- because their tastebuds are still developing and changing, etc. We'll keep giving it a try-- but I'll be so sad(maybe embarrassed?) if my child does not like avocado.
- Eisley does, however, like cauliflower. And broccoli. And asparagus, parsnips, green beans, carrots, butternut and acorn squash, bananas, plums, apples, pears, and just about anything else you can think of. Just not avocado.
- I am now a HUGE fan of ground turkey as a substitute for ground beef. Last night we made some KILLER turkey burgers-- they were so flavorful and grilled to perfection. It's rainy today, and I'm thinking about making turkey chili. Perfect weather for it and I want to enjoy it one last time before it gets hot outside and it's no longer chili weather.
- I am already planning Eisley's 1st birthday party and I am SO excited! It's going to be so much fun and I can't wait. I think we may have some family come up from Texas to celebrate with us, which will be fun.
Love to all.