Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Angel


This is just a sneak preview of one of the photos from our photo shoot this weekend with my treasured friend Carissa Martin, of Written in Black & White Photography. Carissa is truly talented and I am honored to call her "friend". Carissa, her husband Scott, and their daughter Evelyn live in Omaha, NE so we don't get to see them too often. They used to live just one street over from us here in Wilmore. Scott got a great job teaching at Boys Town , so they moved.

This past weekend, we got to spend some time with them. St. Louis, MO is about halfway for each of us, so we met there and had a weekend of fun. It was good for my soul.

I can't show you ALL the photos from the shoot... I myself don't have all of them yet, but Carissa was gracious enough to send me a few before the rest of them have made it through the editing process. I also plan to have some of them printed to give to Eisley's grandparents and great-grandparents for Easter. So you'll just have to patiently wait to see the rest. But I couldn't resist sharing just this one photo with you, Eisley's adoring fans.

The past couple of weeks have been very big for Eisley, our forever-busy little girl. Just 2 days after she turned 7 months old, she took off crawling-- she's incredibly fast by now, and has no trouble getting to where she wants to go. I am forever chasing her around the house, keeping her out of trouble. I am convinced that for the months she was immobile, she scoped out all of the dangerous places in our house, took note of them, and made plans to head straight there once she learned to crawl. She's a spunky little one-- she knows what she wants and doesn't let anything stop her from getting it. In fact, yesterday at school she reached up and pulled a package of peanut butter crackers out of her teacher's hands. She pulled so hard that she ripped the packaging open!

And yesterday. Yesterday, Eisley started pulling herself up to standing. She's been working on this for a few days, and has SORT of done it before, but yesterday I'd say is the day she started intentionally doing it, and doing it with ease.

She seems to be moving through all these physical milestones much too quickly for me, and I wish I could make it slow down. It is so much fun to watch her grow and learn new things, but it happens so quickly, that it seems there's never a moment to just enjoy it. I'm trying to, though. Every new stage is more fun than the last.

I love my little wild woman. She barely sits still, so I love this sweet photo of her. She may not sit still long enough for me to just behold her-- but this sweet photo comes close to that.

5 comments:

Kandice said...

Is that baby naked? You should really warn people before posting any of those...

Kelly Lawson said...

Kandice--- you are hilarious. I know you hate naked babies!!!

But c'mon! This is kinda sweet. She's wearing a tutu!!

KL

Ingram Gang said...

Her cubby little cheeks are the best!

Christin said...

She is SO cute! Can't wait to see the rest!
By the way, WHERE did you get that tutu? Bailey just HAS to have one! (I'm being a little crazy, I know)

Kelly Lawson said...

Gosh, I don't know where the tutu came from-- my mom got it for Eisley before she was born! I just now put her in it, though... and it was precious!