Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Birthday, Grandmom Diana!

Today I feel like the worst daughter-in-law in the world! Yesterday was my mother-in-law's birthday, and when I talked to her on the phone yesterday, I didn't even acknowledge it! I had been thinking all week about her actually, knowing that March 19th is her special day. But I never made it to the store to get a card, and I never made it to the phone myself on the 19th, to wish her a happy birthday. And because Eisley can't drive or read or write for herself, she did not receive birthday greetings from her one and only grandchild. I don't know what happened! I am usually quite organized about these things. So, Diana-- I'm sorry! We love you.

I so appreciate my mother-in-law, and I hope that you all have as terrific a mother-in-law as Diana. She is kind and supportive and wonderful and gracious. She is so encouraging to me, and I am grateful that the Lord has allowed me to share life with her. She is 100% in support of my call to pursue full-time ministry--even though that meant leaving Texas with her son (and now her grandchild of course lives here, too!) to move to Kentucky for 4 years, while I attend seminary. I know that she prays for me every day and for that I am grateful. She has accepted me as her own daughter-- and I feel just as much as "one of the kids" as her own two children, Billy and Bryan. And Diana is of course, the one that introduced to me the concept of "birthweek". So Diana, I hope you'll accept this blog shout-out, as a continuation of your birthweek celebration.

She is a wonderful grandmom to Eisley, and I've included a picture of them together, below. So... happy belated birthday, Diana! We can't wait for you to get here for Easter!




* A special note-- I have a WONDERFUL family, and someday I hope to provide more family shout-outs like this to the rest of you. I just wish I were more organized about it!

No comments: