Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Another Favorite

I keep thinking that some day I will revive my blog as a place for thoughts, ponderings, insights, etc. But my brain has been in a fog for, oh, I don't know... about 5 months now. So until I come out of that fog, I'll just do the best I can here.

Here's another great recipe I wanted to share with you, courtesy of the Everyday Food Magazine. Had this for dinner last night. Unbelievably delicious.

Muenster, Turkey, & Apple Quesadillas

- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus more for baking sheets
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Muenster (6 ounces)
- 8 ounces sliced cooked turkey
- 1 Granny Smith apple, hlaved, cored, & thinly sliced

1. Preheat oven to 425, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Lightly brush 2 rimmed baking sheets with oil, and place in oven to warm up. In a small bowl, combine honey and mustard; set aside.

2. Place 4 tortillas on a work surface. Dividing evenly, sprinkle with half the cheese, top with turkey, honey-mustard, and apples; finish with remaining half of cheese. Cover with remaining 4 tortillas, and brush tops with oil.

3. Carefully remove hot baking sheets from oven; place two quesadillas on each. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes, flattening with a spatula, and rotating sheets halfway through. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.

4. Enjoy!

2 comments:

amberly said...

this looks YUMMY! Thanks for sharing

kandice said...

oh I've had this one too... so good! nice choice!