I love Christmas. Who doesn't? And thanks to Kandice, here are some fun little things about my Christmas traditions and memories. Interestingly enough, the day Kandice posted this on her blog, I got this same set of questions via email. So I guess Kandice is right, and the Christmas quizzes are making there rounds. Feel free to read if you want, or just skip on to the next item in your Google Reader list. Merry Christmas!
1. Do you use wrapping paper or gift bags? I almost always use paper. It's so pretty. I love pretty paper and I love pretty bows. Thanks to my friend Sue, I can make a killer Christmas bow.
2. Real tree or Artificial? See previous blog post about my Christmas tree. I love real trees the best, but due to Billy's allergies, we have an artificial one.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving. This year, however, we got ours up much later than I had hoped.
4. When do you take the tree down? It will be sometime around Epiphany (January 6).
5. Do you like eggnog? I actually just tried it for the first time this week. I did not love it, but I also did not hate it as much as I thought I would.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? When I was 5 or 6, I received an EZ-Bake Oven. I loved it. And I loved every single brownie or cake I made with that little light bulb oven...
7. Hardest person to buy for? My brother is usually pretty hard to buy for. Not because he is hard to please-- but because he just doesn't need or want much. This year, he and I decided we would not buy gifts for each other, but would buy gifts for each other's kids. I like this arrangement.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My mom
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. I have one from my mom, one from Billy's mom, and Eisley got her very own Little People Nativity set this year. I love all three nativities that are in our house.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? This is a sad one for me. I LOVE to mail real Christmas cards. I especially love photo Christmas cards. This year, however, I am afraid I have run out of time to get them done. I cannot believe it! I have a kid to show off and everything. But I guess there's always next year... or the possibility of a Happy New Year card? I don't know. I am so disappointed in myself!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Oh, gosh. I don't know. I think probably the year that I got a $50 gift card to Applebee's from my mom. My mom was actually trying to do a nice thing for me-- I was in college and she knew it would be fun for me to get to have money to go out to eat with. However, when I told her that the only restaurant I did NOT like was Applebee's, she had somehow heard that that was one of my FAVORITE restaurants. It was an honest mistake. But that still didn't change the fact that I hate Applebees and then had $50 to spend there.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Charlie Brown Christmas.
13. When do you start shopping? Much too late.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Sadly, yes. But only once.
15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? Pittsburg Hot Links, fudge, frosted sugar cookies, almond toffee, and my grandmother used to make the most delicious divinity candy. Sadly, I have not had any that is as good since she passed away in 1996.
16. Multi-Color or White Lights on the Christmas Tree? White lights!
17. Favorite Christmas song? Come Thou Long Expected Jesus, The First Noel, O Come O Come Emmanuel
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We are traveling to Texas!
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yep. I sure can.
20. A star on top of the tree, or an angel? Growing up, we had an angel that someone had made for us. On our tree, we have a star. My aunt Mary has a little Santa hat, and it's pretty cute, too.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We go to several different Christmas celebrations. So there are some presents opened on Christmas Eve and some opened on Christmas Day.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Definitely the traffic.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Our ornaments are pretty traditional-- mostly reds and greens and silver and gold. I wouldn't mind a more modern tree, however-- with pinks and blues and browns.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Pittsburg Hot Links are my favorite Christmas Eve tradition.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Umm... I really can't think of a thing I need. I am sincerely most excited about getting to see our family and spending our first Christmas together as a little family of three.