Thanks to my friend Kandice, you get to learn 7 interesting (or, not-so-interesting) facts about me. Here goes:
1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
7 RANDOM/WEIRD FACTS ABOUT ME
1. I love peaches. My grandparents and aunt & uncle have a peach farm in Northeast Texas, and have since the late 1970s. To me, there is nothing better than a fresh, just-picked, juicy peach. I cannot stomach peaches from the grocery store. They just aren't juicy enough! You can hardly even call them peaches. Some of my fondest childhood memories are of summers at the peach farm. Itchy peach fuzz in the air and all.
2. I hate to fold towels. They fit best in our linen closet when folded a specific way. And since I am part Collins (that's my mom's family), I have been cursed with very short arms. Folding towels with my short arms just isn't any fun, so I usually just make Billy fold them. He does not like folding towels either, mostly because he now has to fold all of them, and thinks it's ridiculous that I won't do it!
3. The average amount of time I keep a cell phone is 6 months. It's very wasteful. And it's not that I buy new ones because I get bored with them, or have to have the latest thing that's on the market. It's because I am really hard on my phones. I drop them, I break them, I lose them. So I stopped buying nice phones a long time ago.
4. The best part of my day is first thing in the morning. Sometimes I grumble about having to get up so early every morning, in order to stick with Eisley's routine/schedule. But first thing in the morning, when I lean over Eisley's crib as she is waking up, she greets me with me the biggest smile she'll smile all day. I don't even have to say anything to her or make any faces at her. Just seeing each other for the first time makes us both grin from ear to ear. How can I complain about getting up at 6:30 every day, when I get to start my day like that?
5. I don't like mushrooms, though I have tried really hard to like them. It's a huge texture issue for me, people.
6. I love to spell. My day isn't complete until I have played at least one game of Scrabble online. I happened to have married one of the world's worst spellers (It is okay for me to say that. He will admit it, too). Because of this, I have learned to not be so compulsive about correcting everyone else's misspelled words. And yes, I make spelling mistakes from time to time, too.
7. My favorite punctuation mark is the comma. I use it way more often than the rules of grammar dictate. Don't judge me.
I will not tag anyone specifically to do this. I don't like that sort of thing. Just do it if you want. And let me know you did. I like learning fun new things about my friends.