Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things: Amended

* My friend Kandice challenged me to list 100 things I love. 100 things? That's a lot. But it turns out, it was really easy. I had already begun this list a few days ago. But today I have added a few things. There are 100 things there. Count 'em if you want.

(In no particular order)

- Nacho Cheese Doritos
- Rainy Days
- M & Ms (Peanut and Plain are my favorite)
- Game Shows
- Scrabble
- My family
- Hot Apple Cider when it's cold outside
- Fall Weather
- The smell of the air right before it snows
- Blue Bell Ice Cream
- The smell of vanilla
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Butterscotch cookies
- Sassy shoes (However, I prefer going barefoot most of the time)
- My husband
- My daughter (!)
- Saturdays that come without a long to-do list
- The Food Network
- Dallas Mavericks Basketball
- College Football (go Texas Tech!)
- Fun stationery
- Writing thank-you notes
- Pittsburg, TX
- Ale 8
- Watching The Office on DVD
- Sweet Tea
- Hydrangeas
- The Schrutes
- Good neighbors
- Sitting outside on a cool morning (thank you Lawsons, for our new chairs!)
- Thunderstorms & Lightingstorms
- Gorgeous Sunsets (I really miss West Texas sometimes!)
- Honeysuckles
- Dogs/Puppies
- School
- Learning new things
- Great discussions with friends
- Lame jokes
- Hot showers
- Chapel services at school
- A good, juicy steak
- Bacon
- My new backpack
- Letters in the mail
- The Triune God
- Mellow Mushroom Pizza
- New Ink Pens
- Raisin Bran Crunch
- Playing Guitar Hero
- Sudoku with Dana
- Marathons of America's Next Top Model (don't judge me!)
- Wandering around Target
- Giving Eisley a Bath
- My dog Riley. She's the best dog. Ever.
- Sleep (We're not getting much these days)
- Efurd Peaches
- Good Mexican Food
- Reruns of "Friends"
- Classic Rock
- Swimming Pools
- Pedicures
- Brushing my teeth
- Chips and salsa from Mi Cocina
- Friday night Date Night
- Being a Texan
- Hebrew (yes, I am a nerd)
- Hot Tamales
- Reruns of "Gilmore Girls"
- Reading friends' blogs
- My wedding ring
- My incredible friends
- Vacations
- Naps
- Taking pictures & being in pictures (call me vain)
- My ridiculously awesome family
- New notebooks & folders for each new semester (so what if I primarily use a laptop?)
- Mafia queso from Orlando's in Lubbock
- Trivia
- Cash Cab
- Reading
- Honey pepper bacon
- A glowing fireplace
- Campfires
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- New York, NY
- Payday (like, actually getting paid. Not the candy bar.)
- Cable TV, baby!
- Throwing baby showers for friends
- Going on walks with Billy
- Good coffee (what a treat!)
- Christmas trees
- Thanksgiving Feasts (with family and/or friends!)
- Laughing
- Crawfish at Pappadeaux
- Birthdays
- Journals (particularly of the Moleskine variety)
- The Olympic Games
- Playing Tony Hawk Pro Skater on PS2 with Billy
- Old Houses
- Azaleas
- Low lighting (I'm not a fan of harsh overhead lighting)

8 comments:

Becca Barnes said...

I just posted something very similar to this... are we in a blogging parallel universe... As CB would say "We match!"

Ingram Gang said...

mmmmmm....those all sound pretty great to me. Well, except your husband. That one is you-specific :)

Angela said...

I don't see Hot Tamales on this list. :)

Kandice said...

i love this post! one of my favorite scrapbook pages from high school was 1oo things that i love... you've inspired me to try it again (in list form of course)... i encourage you to add to your list and do the same! see if you can come up with 100 things (it's A LOT!) :) but if you don't have time amongst the playing mom and student and worker bee, it's fine. :)

jason said...

Game shows!

There aren't enough game shows on TV and most of the ones that are involve no skill (Deal or No Deal) or attempt at humiliating all but the winner.

Bring back Press Your Luck, Tic Tac Dough, Classic Concentration, and someone help Bob Barker so he can host the Price is Right!

KellyLawson22 said...

Jason! Guess what was on the Game Show Network this weekend-- a Press Your Luck & 25,000 Pyramid (NOT the sucky Donny Osmond version) marathon! It was the best. I totally tuned in.

KL

Christin said...

I miss Crawfish at Pappdeaux! And you guys!
Also, new school supplies are pretty awesome. I'm pretty excited for school supply shopping with my kiddos!

kandice said...

i love your list!!! (except for the olympic games one... but that's neither here nor there) :) thanks for sharing the amended list!