Thursday, September 18, 2008

Back at Work

Hi there. As the title of this post says, I am back at work. This past Sunday was our first Sunday in 6 weeks to worship at Versailles UMC, where I work as the Children's Pastor. Monday was my first full day in the office. 8 whole hours. Wednesday I put in another 8 hours.

While Billy and I are at work, Eisley stays with our friend Jen (who we actually knew when we lived in Lubbock-- they moved here to Wilmore over the summer), and her two daughters, Ellie (4) and Mollie (1). Jen has quite the full house! Jen is wonderful. Monday was Eisley's first day with Jen, and while I was gone, Jen sent me text messages of the "play by play" of what they were doing. I really appreciated the updates. I couldn't do much but think about Eisley anyway. At the end of the day, as I turned on to Jen's street, I realized I was grinning from ear to ear in anticipation of being reunited with Eisley. When I got to Jen's house, Jen informed me that she had taken pictures to document the whole day. I thought that was possibly the sweetest thing she could have done.

Now. This wasn't my first time away from Eisley-- while I am in class on Tuesday & Thursday mornings, our friend Amy keeps Eisley for me. And she also does a wonderful job! She is incredibly patient with Eisley, who is still learning to get used to eating from a bottle. She's easygoing and I know she can handle anything! Amy actually used to care for TRIPLET babies. She must be Wonder Woman. Amy walks Eisley over to campus in the stroller to meet me before chapel each day. It is good to know that my kiddo is in such good hands! BUT. Monday was my first FULL day away from Eisley. Amy has her for about 3 hours in the mornings-- which has been a great way to transition me into being away from her for longer periods of time.

Anyway, it was a good day on Monday. It was good to be back in the office, together again with my little staff family. I had no emotional meltdowns, for I knew my little one would be taken very good care of.

I have hit the ground running. There is much to be done at work-- there were lots of projects waiting for me. It makes me a little tired to think about, but mostly I'm excited.

Last night was my first Wednesday back with the kids. Who are incredibly sweet and wonderful. I felt like many of them were as excited to see me as I was to see them. We worked on a little project last night together-- making centerpieces for our church Thanksgiving dinner that will happen in November. They made these little trees-- and on each leaf, they wrote one thing they were thankful for. As I looked around the room, and was reading what they had written on the leaves, I noticed that several of them had written my name on their leaves! And not only my name, but Eisley's name as well. Is that not the sweetest thing ever?

So. Life is good. I am still trying to figure out the balance between mommyhood, marriage, school, and work. But I'm getting there. And maybe one day I'll have something a little more interesting to blog about!

2 comments:

nonprofitprophet said...

congratulations on the day back and no meltdowns. That, my friend, is an accomplishment all its own. ~npp

Nathan and Stephany said...

I think your posting is definitely worth blogging about! That's a big deal to be back at work after such a big change! I'm glad to hear it's going well, Kelly. It sounds fantastic - and it sounds like you and Billy have great support. -Nathan