Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thought for the Day

On a regular basis, I read the God's Politics blog (link can be found to the right). I especially appreciated one of the recent "Word for the Day" thoughts posted there. I wanted to share it with you.

To live, we must daily break the body and shed the blood of creation. When we do it knowingly, lovingly, skillfully, reverently, it is a sacrament. When we do it ignorantly, greedily, destructively, it is a desecration.

- Wendell Berry
The Gift of Good Land

Wendell Berry was a very smart guy. If you haven't read any of his works, you should. I've read very little myself, but he's at the top of my list of people to read.

3 comments:

bernard n. shull said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nonprofitprophet said...

I got so much now that I want to read on my list, i'm pretty sure that 1. i'll be dead before I get around too it or 2. i need to win the lottery to make the time. hope all is well. ~npp

Jana said...

Thanks for the thought!