Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I wonder...

At the encouragement of a friend, I have decided to post my mid-finals-week musings and observations. The other day I was at the library trying to work. Today I am at the library trying to work. These are some things I wonder:

- I wonder why people in the library think they can talk as loud as they want, even though people all around them are trying to get their work done.

- I wonder why the library is often the loudest place on campus to do homework.

-I wonder why I keep coming to the library to do my work, thinking that surely THIS time will be different. It's finals week, for crying out loud!!

- I wonder why the guy beside me is eating his (say it with me) "CHEEZ-ITS!" so loudly that I can hear him crunching them even though I have headphones on and music playing.

I also wonder why I haven't read more of John Wesley's sermons. I am currently writing some sermon reports for my John Wesley's theology class. And they are quite good!

And today? Today I am wondering about something else. Today I called ahead and placed a lunch order at Subway. I ordered a BLT (ingredients? Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato). The lady asked me what else I wanted on the sandwich and I said light mayo and provolone cheese...

I wonder what happened between her taking the order and the guy making the sandwich. When I sat down to eat my delicious BLT, I discovered that the ONLY ingredients on my sandwich were Bacon, Provolone Cheese, and Lite Mayo. No lettuce. No tomato. HARDLY a satisfying enough lunch to fuel me for the final exam I take in approximately 15 minutes.

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Sorry about all the library distractions. I never go to the library anymore for that very reason. I promise I am reading your blogs even if I don't comment more often. I saw your father-in-law the other day. He is so excited about being a grandpa.

Can't wait to see you in Dallas!

Shannon said...

I often wonder the same things about the library. It's not supposed to be social hour. That's why I try to stay home to study when Kelly goes to the library. Also, I've never thought to get a BLT at Subway, but that sounds delicious! What a great idea!

KellyLawson22 said...

Yes, just be specific when you order! You don't want to end up with a BCM (bacon, cheese, mayo) like I did!

ha ha!

Becca Barnes said...

Maybe they only work in acronyms. So you wanted a BLTPLT? My favorite sand/editable acronym is TLSTMMV. YUMMY!

KellyLawson22 said...

Rebecca.... VERY funny! :) And I've been really trying to figure out your acronym! Do tell!

nonprofitprophet said...

Kelly - the definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Next time, just go study in the sandwich shop. ~npp