Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I can hardly stand it...

The days pass by. Slowly. All I can think about is our ultrasound appointment on March 25th. March 25th is a big day. This day we will see our baby for the first time and find out whether we're having a son or a daughter. We can hardly wait to find out!! When we set the appointment a month ago, I thought March seemed so far away-- and now that we're IN March, and just 2 weeks away from the appointment (actually, 13 days... but who's counting?), it still seems like it's taking forever!

I guess if I had to be honest about my "hunch", I'd say Little Lawson is a girl. Billy thinks it is a boy. I think we've both gone back and forth on this one, but at least we know one of us will be right, come March 25th! It's been interesting to watch the poll on the right (thanks for all of your votes!), and to see that all along, the results have favored "boy". We'll know soon enough.

If you know me, you know that I tend to be a bit of a worrier. And if I had to be REAL honest, the aspect of this coming appointment that I think about MOST often, is the fact that we'll be seeing our kiddo for the first time, and finding out if everything looks healthy and "normal". So far, there's been no cause for concern-- my bloodwork was normal, the heartbeat has been normal, my weight gain has been normal. But still... when I think about all of the intricacies of pre-natal development... I keep thinking about all of the things that COULD go wrong. All of the things that I don't want to go wrong.

So today I am reminding myself that God is in control. I am not.

Last night I kept myself occupied by shopping for some treats for our parents-- we are a little saddened by the fact that we live in Kentucky and don't get to journey through this pregnancy alongside our families. So in an effort to include them a little more, we wanted to do something special for the big "gender reveal" moment. I did an adaptation of what Jeremiah & Lindsay did for Lindsay's parents when they found out that they were having a little girl.

I mailed each set of parents a package that included two smaller boxes. I also sent an email with VERY strict instruction that they are NOT to open the boxes until the 25th of March. One box is marked "Box A" and the other is marked "Box B". Inside one are some girl-related items and inside the other are boy-related items. Only Billy and myself know which is which. Then, when they get home from work on the 25th, they will call us, and we will tell them which box to open. It's simple, but fun!

Thanks, Lindsay, for the great idea and for sharing your creativity with me!

I took pictures of the pretty little boxes, and will be sure to post a picture tomorrow.

9 comments:

Shannon said...

I love reading your blog, and I love reading your comments on my blog. I do think you're super, and I'm as excited to be on this journey with you as you are with me.

I understand your excitement, and your tendency to worry. My first real appointment (with bloodwork and all) is next Friday. I've been really looking forward to it, because the only tests I've done so far resulted in a plus sign on a white stick at home, then a similar one at the doctor's office.

Here's to trusting God's creative abilities!

Neener said...

Awwh, that's a sweet way of including your parents on the surprise!

(p.s. - I hope your little "sweet potato" is a girl too, but I'm sure either way you could teach him/her to skate, eat ice cream cakes, and love Jesus!)

Jeremiah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeremiah said...

I thought it was the 26th!
Man, I woulda been pretty late for a HUGE day.
We cant wait either, so stoked.

KellyLawson22 said...

It WAS the 26th!!! But we changed the appointment to the 25th, so I wouldn't have to miss class. It works out better all around-- we get to find out one day sooner, AND I don't have to miss class. Wahoo!

Magen Roberson said...

I can't wait to know! You better post the results ASAP!!

Jana said...

My vote was for a boy, but only because out of all my prego friends like 90% of them are having boys.

Kelly said...

you know...I'm thinking its going to be a boy, but maybe that's just because I think our is. Who knows?

Ingram Gang said...

So fun! For the record, I'm guessing girl. I can't wait to find out.