Monday, January 14, 2008

Our Dreams Have Come True

Almost one year ago, I made a post about my dream to own a Dyson vacuum cleaner. You can read the original post here.

Well, today I am here to tell you that dream has come true. We did not make this extravagant purchase ourselves. We are, after all, a struggling seminary family. However, at Christmas, some very generous family members surprised us with one. Okay, they didn't actually wrap up the vacuum cleaner and give it to us. They instead printed off a picture of one and included the cash for us to go buy it. We were shocked... and of course excited!

So. Last week, we made a trip to the store and made one of the most exciting purchases of our lives. I quite honestly feel like this vacuum cleaner has changed our lives forever. I'm proud of my clean house. I find myself less annoyed with Riley the Shedding Dog. I am more excited to invite people into our home.

If you own a dog that sheds as much as Riley does, I highly recommend this vacuum cleaner to you. Sell a kidney. Sell your car. Do whatever you have to do to get this vacuum. You won't be sorry.

5 comments:

jason said...

that gift sure sucks!!






HA!

KellyLawson22 said...

HA HA HA HA HA. Hilarious.

Jacob said...

I told you

Anonymous said...

This made me sit at the computer and giggle !!!!
To think the excitement about a vacume cleaner. Just a few years ago--- imagine--
I will smile for awhile about this.
Chris and His Fiance Whitney have already but one on their wish list.

Just so delightful
Tanya

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I, too, could do an amazing testimonial on the power and need for every shedding dog owner to own a Dyson! My parents bought me one for Christmas, after witnessing me vacumming with what can only be described as a jerry-rigged, suckless machine. My vacuum actually produced a rank SMELL when used, which is just the kind of effect you hope will linger as company is arriving! Anyhow, next to my salvation, my marriage and the birth of my two kids, the Dyson ranks right up there with things that have changed my life!!! :-)

Laurie J