Monday, January 21, 2008

Love Found Me...In Song

A few months ago, I had an extremely powerful experience... where God completely overwhelmed me with his love. I was reminded that Love found me in the midst of darkness. You can read about it here.

Well, the other day, my friend Nathan sent me a link to a Sandra McCracken song (wife of Derek Webb of Caedmon's Call fame) that reminded him of what I had written about that day. It really is a beautiful song, and the lyrics are even more lovely. I wanted to share those lyrics with you here, for it really is my story-- in song form. It's really all of our stories-- Love has come for each one of us. And if you're interested in downloading a free MP3 of the actual song, you can click here.

Ten Thousand Angels

How long you have traveled in darkness weeping
No rest in language, no words to speak
But there in the wreckage beneath bricks and bindings
Love has come, love has come for you

Against the night sky of your waiting
Your face is like starlight when he walks in
Everything worth keeping comes through dying
Love has come, love has come for you

So lift up your heart now, to this unfolding
All that has been broken will be restored
Here runs deep waters for all who are thirsty
Love has come, love has come for you

Ten thousand angels will light your pathway
Until the day breaks fully in the East
They will surround you and make your way straight
Love has come, love has come for you
Love has come, love has come for you

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Yeah, I thought it was a good song, too. Hope weighted in the reality of waiting expectantly. On a side note, happy birthday, friend!