I love to sing. And if you know me at all, you know that I'm also terrible at it. But today, I felt like I needed to find some new sing-along songs for the car. The iPod is in major need of an update. And thanks to some folks at Christmas, I ended up with some iTunes gift cards. I cherish such gift cards, and it generally takes me forever to spend them. It's such a big commitment-- with millions of songs to choose from, how DO you choose? Well, don't judge me, but I thought I'd get some good karaoke-type songs-- songs I can yell out in my car, knowing that I'm safe from the possibility of anyone hearing me. Sure, they'll see me acting like an idiot, but I'm much less concerned about that part.
So here's what I downloaded today. Just 5 songs, but I thought they were a good place to start:
1. Dancing' in the Moonlight -- King Harvest
2. We Built This City -- Jefferson Airplane/Jefferson Starship/Starship (or whatever they were called at the time of this song's release!)
3. Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now -- Jefferson Airplane/Starship, etc.
4. Ain't Too Proud to Beg -- The Temptations
5. Everybody Wants to Rule the World -- Tears for Fears
Random, I know. And maybe you would have spent your gift card differently. But I think this was $5 well spent. If you had to pick 5 guilty-pleasure songs to download today (free from the judgment from others!), what would they be?