Thursday, November 1, 2007

It's still Greek to Me

... isn't that what they say? Well... I had my Greek mid-term on Tuesday. Never before have I gone into an exam feeling COMPLETELY unprepared. Until Tuesday. I'm not sure that any amount of studying would have helped me feel better about it. I got the test back today-- I didn't pass. And that's okay. Greek is just a struggle for me. It doesn't make sense to me like Hebrew did, and I've had to come to grips with the simple fact that my grades don't define me. I talked to my prof and he seems to think I'll still pass the course. I've just got to really buckle down over the next few weeks.

Earlier this week I got to see a good friend of mine, Greg Haseloff. He is the director of the Texas Tech Wesley Foundation, and was our campus minister when we were in college. He brought a few Texas Tech students here that are considering Asbury Seminary. We, along with our friends the Strebecks & the McCuaigs hosted a dinner for them on Monday night. We had a great time. But somehow, when I make my famous enchiladas, I ALWAYS make too many. Billy always tries to convince me to make less, but I guess I just don't listen.

Billy's parents came last Thursday and stayed with us until Monday. His brother Bryan came on Saturday and left with Bill & Diana on Monday. We had a GREAT time. We ate delicious food, watched The Office, went to Keeneland, went to church together, had some family photos taken, and Billy took them to Natural Bridge and to eat at Miguel's. We always enjoy the Lawsons and we were so glad to have them here.

And now we're making preparations for my dad & stepmom to arrive! They arrive later this month. We've had a very busy fall, but we're enjoying it.

And last night, something very exciting happened. The Dallas Mavericks began their season... and are off to a great start! They tore in to the Cavaliers last night-- in Cleveland. It was a great day, and thanks to my fabulous aunt, I got to tune into the game on ESPN.

Um, sorry that this post lacks a lot of substance. It had just been a while since I wrote anything, so I just wanted to check in.

Later.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I know it was extra work for you, but I happen to be glad you made too many enchiladas...I had plenty of leftovers to enjoy all week . . . literally, ALL week. I have your pan ready for you, let me know when you want it back. I won't bring it to school because you probably don't want to have to carry it around all afternoon (and I don't want to carry it around all morning...) Zaxby's always sounds good to me, so let me know when you need some girl time and I'll be good to go!

Kandice said...

keep pluggin' away, friend! i miss you and hope all is well!

R.S. said...

those extra enchiladas were awesome!

It was fun having ole greg here...and just getting to hang out with you guys too.