Thursday, September 6, 2007

A Good Old Fashioned Update...

The past few days have been pretty busy, and I don't really have anything major to report, so here's a regular ol' update on the life of the Lawsons.

- I'm back in school!! Yea! I started school this past Tuesday and am pretty excited about my classes. I'm taking a Christian Leadership class called Recruiting & Equipping the Laity, the first semester of Comprehensive Greek, Exegesis of Joshua, and a speech class. I'm quite certain I'm already behind in my reading!

- Tonight, for Team Lawson Date Night, we saw Shane & Shane, Bebo Norman, and Monk & Neagle in a sort of "Worship Concert"... it was great. Much less a concert, and more of a night of great worship. It was a good date night.

- My dog is having surgery on Monday. Sad. She doesn't know what's about to hit her, and I have a feeling she's going to HATE that cone around her head.

- Billy & I have recently discovered (Thanks, Barnes!) that "Arrested Development" is/was a fabulously creative and funny television show. We borrowed the DVDs of the show from some friends of ours, and we just can't get enough. Sad that it's no longer on the air. Had I given it a shot when it was actually on TV, I'm pretty sure I would have told everyone I know how much I love it, and maybe that could have saved the show from its unfortunate fate. Eh, maybe not. But I would have been a faithful viewer.

- The Office Season 3 was released on Tuesday. I've already almost watched the entire season. The Office is another brilliant TV show, and definitely my favorite out of all TV shows.

- Yesterday I updated my calendar (through Outlook) and did some fancy color-coding. Green is "Personal", Blue is "Work", Orange is "Class", Turquoise is "Non-Class or Work Commitments & Meetings", and Purple is "School-Related Study Groups". I printed the calendar out and looked at it. My schedule is a nightmare and completely imbalanced between personal time & everything else. Some things are going to have to be rearranged. I actually like my husband and would like to see him every once in awhile. The schedule as it is doesn't allow for much of that.

- I'm tired. So I'm going to bed now.

1 comment:

jason said...

give me a white man you trust, and I will give you a black man that I trust more...

I am glad you are enjoying your classes. I am enjoying mine as well. Though it was tremendously cold in our Equipping the Laity room.

I like your husband as well. I miss his face. He needs a blog. He is too creative not to have one. Writing this makes me miss him more.

I like The Office as well. Though not as much minus such fantastic people.