Monday, July 2, 2007

Hello! My name is Herb!

Well, we had a fun Sunday of "gardening". Let me explain. We live in an apartment, so there's really not a lot of space for us to garden. But about 2 weeks ago, we inherited 12 tomato plants and a whole bunch of seeds of various types-- flowers, vegetables, herbs, etc. We had initially planted our tomato plants in a big rubbermaid tub filled with potting soil, but we quickly had a forest of tomatoes in the tub, so we knew they wouldn't last much longer that way. We gave away half of the plants, and then wondered what to do about the remaining 6 plants.

Here's what we came up with. A tomato garden outside our back door. We realize the plants might not make it, but hey-- if they don't, they were free. No big loss. And we can always try again another time. We dug up dirt, mixed in organic potting soil, and planted our little tomato plants. We've still got to get cages for them, and the soil still needs a little bit of attention, but here it is:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So. Tomatoes were planted, and in a few weeks, we will hopefully enjoy their delicious goodness. But my FAVORITE part of our gardening extravaganza yesterday was the planting of my herb "garden". It's not really a garden, but I think it will work just fine. Here it is:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'll let you know how everything turns out. It could be a disaster. We'll see.

5 comments:

Kandice said...

Good job Kelly! I love the "Hello my name is Herb" :)

Tanya Crump said...

I love the garden and I wish I could sit and eat tomatoes with you in a few weeks.


Love you

Winzeeee said...

Grow baby grow! I can't wait to make some kickin spaghetti with your tomatoes and herbs. De-lish!

jason said...

can't wait to see it!!

Scott & Carissa said...

Hahhaha. Love that! Especially the Hello My name is part!