Monday, June 25, 2007

Sassy Kids

Yesterday at Kids' Club, all the kids were crazy. I don't know WHAT was going on. I went in to the preschool class, where one kid sat in the corner and refused to participate. This was the same kid that clawed at my arms and drew blood several weeks ago when I tried to get him to participate. I wasn't about to do that again, so I left him in the corner until I could get my friend David to deal with him.

Then, Miss Devetta was teaching the story and used a puppet named "Scamper" to tell part of the story. So, Miss Devetta pulled out the Scamper puppet and one of the little girls screamed out, "HEY! Miss DEVETTA! That's my toy! I left him here a long time ago." Well, the toy is not hers. But she was convinced that it was, so she absolutely couldn't listen to the story because every 2 minutes, she raised her hand to inform everyone that Scamper was hers and that she was going to take him home. "He's mine! I promise!"

THEN, one of the little boys decided he was finished listening to the Bible story, so he just laid down on the ground and started crying.

Then it was craft time. One of the girls decided she didn't want to do the craft, so she looked at me and said, "Miss Kelly, you do it for me. I don't want to do it. But give me the pink scissors."

Bossy, bossy, bossy.

Snack time was pretty uneventful. But then it came time to walk the kids home. I was walking Little Miss Sass home (same kid that was convinced the toy was hers). She said to me, "Miss Kelly. Give me a horsey ride." (same thing as a piggy back ride, I suppose.) I said, "Sweetie, I don't feel very good today. Can we do it another time." To which she responded, "Give me a horsey ride or I'm going to walk home by myself." Well, I informed her that she wasn't going to walk home by herself, nor was she going to get a horsey ride from me. At which point she said, "Then I'm not going anywhere. I'm just going to stand here." I told her that she was not going to stay put, nor was she going to walk by herself, OR get a horsey ride... and that she had better pick up her feet and start moving.

And that was that. We finally made it to her front door and I finally got to go home and sleep.

Sometimes these kids just wear me out!

2 comments:

jason said...

um....Scamper is mine! I lost him when Dana and I moved!!

I TOTALLY hear where you are coming from - the kids at Upward camp last week were pretty ridiculous. My Nanny 911 tricks did not work on these kids.

Scott & Carissa said...

I officially need a nap after reading that blog entry.