Tuesday, March 20, 2007

We love Gift Cards!

Our friends just sort of shake their heads and laugh when we tell them what we're about to do or have done for the weekend. We've begun many of our responses with, "Well, we went to eat at such-and-such-place because we had a gift card there." Or, "Hey, let's go shopping at so-and-so because I have a gift card there." We LOVE it.

For Christmas many of our family and friends (yes, perhaps some of you readers!) gave us gift cards to restaurants and stores... which we LOVE. We also really love to hang on to these things so that we can spread out the fun. Here we are. It's March. And we still have a gift card or two remaining. It's brilliant. We've gone to Chili's, Macaroni Grill, Abuelo's, Starbucks, and many more places for "date night" several times this year already... and we haven't had to pay for a single one of those meals. I just got to go shopping at Old Navy and buy several things for spring and I didn't have to pay for it! What a gift!

So... thank you to those of you who have gifted us with gift cards. We've had a great 2007 so far, thanks to you.

I write this to say: I know many people don't like to give gift cards as gifts because they feel it's impersonal. And that may be true for some people, but not for us. We love it. We went to Starbucks and said, "I sure am glad Dad and Debby provided this date for us." I shop on iTunes and think of my stepdad when I listen to the songs I used his giftcard to purchase. We sat at Macaroni Grill and were grateful to Bill & Diana for providing a meal that was such a treat for us.

So give on, gift card givers. People appreciate them more than you think! And um, if you hate gift cards, let me know-- I sort of love giving them as much as I love receiving them!

1 comment:

Kandice said...

glad that you're enjoying all your gift cards! now what do i have to do to get you to enjoy your magazine subscriptions? :)