Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A Very Good Birthday

Today was a very good birthday. I'm 27, and suddenly feeling "old". Okay, I don't feel OLD, but 27 seems somehow different than all of the other birthdays. Maybe it's because I'm 27 and still in school. Yes, graduate school-- but it's still school. Maybe it is because I'm 27 and not having babies yet. Who knows. When I was growing up, on my birthday, my stepdad (without fail!) would always ask the question, "How does it feel to be 13? 14? 15?..." or whatever age I had just turned. My response to him was always, "Well, it feels pretty much the same as being 12, 13, 14, etc." However, 27 does not feel the same as 26. Despite feeling a little older today, it was still a very good day.

My friend Dana and I share the same birthday, so we decided to throw ourselves a huge birthday bash! We had a GREAT time-- it will definitely go down in the books as one of the best birthdays ever! The theme was "Party Like a Rockstar" and that's just what we did! We had food and drinks, blacklights and a fog machine. We had a "Main Stage" and a "Rookie Stage" set up, where people could have their very own "Battle of the Bands" on Guitar Hero 1 & 2 (www.guitarherogame.com). We had karaoke and birthday cupcakes. We had glow necklaces and bracelets and VIP passes. For party favors we gave away goody bags filled with a CD of rock tunes, Pop Rocks, Ring Pops, and electric guitar bubbles. We even went outside for a small fireworks display that Billy & Dana's husband Jason put together. We gave away prizes for the best rocker costume. Our friend Jeremiah won in the Male category and I actually won the Female category! I will definitely post pictures soon (probably Wednesday) so CHECK BACK SOON!

Now, this was indeed a terriffic birthday party. However, I thought back today to the truly the best birthday party I've ever had. It was my 23rd birthday party in Lubbock, TX at the skating rink. That is the day Billy and I got engaged. It's hard to believe that was 4 years ago. Now THAT was a great day!

I'm very tired. Check back tomorrow for pictures of Dana & Kelly's Birthday Bash 2007!

Rock and Roll...
Kelly

3 comments:

Laura said...

You really have no idea how jealous I am that I had to miss the Party Like a Rock Star birthday bash......it sounds truelly amazing!!

Kandice said...

can't wait to see the pics! wish i could have been there

Russell said...

Haha, that sounds like a hallova par-tay! Happy birthday good friend. 27 is a good age, you're soundly in your "upper 20's" now along with us 28 year olds, which I'm told is actually "late 20's". *Gulp!* Don't let the kids thing get to you. You are in seminary land, remember? None of my friends here under 40 have kids. On that note, I have to get back to chasing girls now. Have a great day!