Thursday, January 18, 2007

Best Time EVER!

I haven't had a chance to post since our trip to Indianapolis last week for the Mavs game. That game was probably one of the best experiences ever!

I really don't know exactly what has made me such a huge Dallas Mavericks fan over these past couple of years. The game is certainly exciting, and Dallas is my town. So I guess maybe that's it. I know that my loyalty to the team has definitely deepened over the past year, since we moved here to Kentucky. I was already a fan, but now that we live in the land of all-things-basketball, I have really gotten into the game, and especially this team.

I was not disappointed by my first experience at an NBA game. The Mavs won in overtime, and I saw Dirk post 43 points. It was VERY exciting. Plus, Billy really got into the game, too which definitely made the whole experience a lot more fun for the both of us. One of these days I will figure out how to post pictures on here... I wish I knew how to do that so I could show you a picture of me grinning from ear-to-ear, with the scoreboard behind me.

In other news, I've had a very busy week. mostly due to this class I am taking. Tomorrow (Friday) is the last day of the class, though I have a 20-page research paper due one week after class ends. Tomorrow morning I will turn in the last of our daily 2-page papers and I am thrilled. They have been quite a chore.

I started working out with a friend of mine last week. Today marked the completion of the first week. I am a little bit sore, but generally feeling pretty good. I appreciate having my friend there to hold me accountable to my workout. Somehow, when I workout by myself, I tend to want to "cheat" on the workout and take shortcuts where ever I can. I don't know what it is, but I've always struggled with that. With Lindsay there, there is no cheating! :)

Well, I'm tired. I'm trying to stay awake to see the end of the Mavs/Lakers game, but I'm not sure if I'll make it these last 4 minutes.

Blessings...
Kelly

1 comment:

cary efurd said...

Mavs won 114-95 over the mighty Lakers in case you did in fact fall asleep. I couldn't believe you were at that Indy game, what a treat.